Thursday, April 17, 2008

Balloons!

Balloons! Four white ones and a pleasant pink one in between! Little fingers clasping the crape paper to which this ensemble was attached! How inspiring! To me, the sight was more than inspiring. When one is sitting in a baked bus, past lunch time, after having attended a strenous class, that too on a hot Sunday after noon, the sight is more than inspiring. It is like a cool refreshing breeze that sets you reflecting about some of the good things in life!
This little boy , clasping these colourful baloons was standing opposite to me. I was amused. He had this," I am the happiest person in this world! I have Balloons. Pink and White!" expression written on his face! And he looked at me with his delightful smile. So innocent . And so genuine. I felt like doing something. Something interesting. I kept staring at his Baloons. He started feeling insecure. I liked it. I pointed my long nailed index finger towards his Baloons and told him, "DUM" ! Fear gripped his eyes. Just the thought that i may burst his "Pink and White" balloons had unnerved him. He instantly moved back. Lifted his arm as erect as he could, so that he could hold the balloons as far away from me , his Devil. He stood in this " attention" position, keeping a close on vigil on me. And his lips gave way to this smile, which meant ," Now you cannot burst them!".
I sat there quietly, grinning at him. Ten minutes passed. He was still keeping a vigil. His mom, closely monitoring the whole episode asked him to relax. He looked up to his mom and pointing towards me , he told her, "DUM" ! His mom comforted him in her arms and told him, " Akka wont do anything , Dont worry." . I gave him a look of re assurance. And folded my arms across tightly. He seemed convinced. He smiled. Innocence. Trust. Joy.
I reached my destination. I walked out of the bus, watching this little boy with his " Pink and White" delightful balloons. His innocence brought me more delight. Even I must have been like him some day, .....care free and innocent....many many years ago.... when Balloons meant the world to me!

9 comments:

Alameen said...

it's great that even very small time spent with the kids gives us so much relaxation..

Cheers
Al

anup said...

Nice efforts!!!!!
Keep going........
Plz do visit on my blog & show your presence over there by leaving a comment on posts.If you want,You can also provide a link to my blog from your blog.

my blog:- http://anup-life.blogspot.com/
Thanx!

rutwick said...

wow... good to know you are still in touch with that...:).. to act the kid... brilliant..!! keep it gng my friend.... truly refreshing....!!!

Anonymous said...

hmmmm my maga wants to cover the entire globe, n the entire life cycle, i think that as time progresses, u will keep writing bout the days that were history for u :) thats truly good, nonetheless, i would like to say one more thing, make everyday a history,live such that u r still a child n enjoying what all u want n keep writin many more blogs that would refresh our thoughts :) keep it up

.............. Rakshu

Unknown said...

thanks maga! ya i really wish i could look at the world through a child's eye! they observe much more than what we do!
ramya

Anonymous said...

very cute. it sounds even better when i read it then when i heard u narrate it to me..
Vinutha

A comeback-roopeshrn said...

hey really agree with u..innocence and ability to love others from the heart is what we forget as we grow old..good that we atleast get those thoughts from little children around us and ofcourse thru blog like urs:-)..keep writin..

BHANU PRAKASH said...

This posts reminds me of childhood days.I used to tie butterfly in the Gas balloon thread and both flew together[:)]- it looked marvelous to me. Outstanding post!! Hey to be frank, u can continue this writing habit and write a book on this!! named BALLOONS wat say ?? balloons are the most fascinating things for kids. I remember once I asked a shopkeeper to give a balloon which will never blast.. This posts looks lively and rejuvenating. Keep it up!!

orion said...

very nice post.. I think you should write more of such stuff.. The word play, narration everything is very good..
Musings like these remind almost everyone of their own childhood days.. :). I certainly made me look back at my own 'balloon years'..
I reiterate.. post more of your reflections, of the world you have seen..
This post of yours has got maximum number of comments..