Saturday, April 12, 2008

Chess Tournament!

NOTE: This post is more like a page from my dairy. So the readers( if any) can skip it!
It could not have got closer than this. Sniffing vivtory, but losing sight again. We girls Chess team at end of 3rd round in the VTU inter college Chess tournament were 9 points and were leading the tournament. SJCE and NIE were on 8.5 each. The 4th round was the final round. We had to play the mighty SJCE team, and NIE played an easier team. We just needed to get 2 out of 4 to ensure that we get winners or runners. But we ended up getting only 1. 5 . So that left us with 10.5 and NIE and SJCE on 11. It was a serious anti climax for us. Since it was my last tournament in college life, I really wanted to our team to win. So that leaves a dream unfullfilled.

On the brighter side, I was awarded the board prize winner , as i had won all the 4 matches i played. Is is a personal milestone for me. I still have not stopped thinking about it. Just a look at the certificate makes me feel elated!

Besides , in the final round, i made a blunder in my game. I lost my queen for no joy in the world! But i played really well and i got back, and was 2 queens up at the end of the game! It was one awesome win for me!

From playing dumb chess in the 1st yr of my college, it has been a great journey for me. I ended up being a board winner in VTU inter college level! Besides, last year our girls team were Runners up in the same tournament.

It makes me feel good. So i decided that my mom should buy me a nice tee shirt today! Just to celebrate my victory! I think i play decent chess now. Not dumb chess anymore. I will miss the fun and joy of participating in this tournament as i am passing out from my college. I will miss this unknown stranger friend of mine( from some college) who kept smiling at me in the tornament, this year and last year! I will miss all my team mates. I love the game!

2 comments:

A comeback-roopeshrn said...

First of all,loads of congratulations from my side for achieving the coveted position.simply great..Frankly speaking i can't sink in the fact that you have achieved it given the fact that you act dumb and by all probability you are dumb:-)always nice to have some company.hehe..keep writing..

Unknown said...

k so coool to hear that u play chess...& represent our college!!!! really cool...sorry cant compete with u all...but wud surely love to see my college play chess!!!
keep playing and keep winning!!!!